Welcome to UGCS 5.0!
UGCS is the student-run computing facility of the California Institute of Technology. Historically, UGCS was an educational facility within the Computer Science Department; the name stands for UnderGraduate Computer Science. We are now independent of the CS department, but we continue to provide computing resources to the Institute's undergraduates, graduate students, faculty, and staff. For more information about our past, we have put together a brief history of UGCS.
UGCS is Recruiting! Positions:
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
- Web Designer
- Website Administrator
- Site Moderator
For our users, we provide:
- Interactive login to our systems (Debian linux)
- Email access by POP and IMAP
- Email aliases and mailing lists
- Web site space on our servers
- SQL database hosting
- Online Git Repository
- User Directory
- Message board (coming soon)
- Cloud Sync service (coming soon)
- and more
For more information about our cluster and how to use its services, please see our User Guide
Contact the sysadmins (ugcs5admins) if you're any service is not working the way it should be, or if you need help accessing your files.